Surah Alam Nashrah, the other name of this Surah, is Surah Al-Inshirah or Surah Al-Sharh. It is one of the shortest Surahs of the holy book of the Quran, with just eight Ayahs.
Surah Alam Nashrah is revealed in Makkah, as told by contextual background, theme, and subject matter. It is believed that Surah Dhua and Surah Alam Nashrah are revealed at the same time. Abdullah bin Abbas RA confirmed it.
The holy Quran is based on different things. Similarly, each chapter of the Quran is based on different subject matters, but learning the holy Quran’s content is obligatory.
Composition of Surah Alam Nashrah
Surah Alam Nashrah is composed of three parts,
- Mentioning three blessings granted to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH): opening his breast, relieving his burdens, and exalting him.
- Giving him the satisfied tiding that ease accompanies hardships.
- Making his steps firm in continuing to pursue goals to please Allah.
Surah Alam Nashrah translation in English
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful and the Most Beneficient.
أَلَمْ نَشْرَحْ لَكَ صَدْرَكَ
Did We not expand your breast for you, [O Muhammad]?
وَوَضَعْنَا عَنكَ وِزْرَكَ
And We removed from you your burden
ٱلَّذِىٓ أَنقَضَ ظَهْرَكَ
Which had weighed upon your back
وَرَفَعْنَا لَكَ ذِكْرَكَ
And raised high for you your reputation.
فَإِنَّ مَعَ ٱلْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا
For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease [i.e., relief].
إِنَّ مَعَ ٱلْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا
Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.
فَإِذَا فَرَغْتَ فَٱنصَبْ
So when you have finished [your duties], then stand up [for worship].
فَإِذَا فَرَغْتَ فَٱنصَبْ
And to your Lord direct [your] longing.
Lessons from the Surah Alam Nashrah
In this Surah, Allah addresses the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and it is believed to be a reminder of the support and guidance that Allah provided to him during a difficult time in his life.
Allah has said the burden on the Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) heart and expanded his chest, a metaphor for removing his stress and worries. The sense of ease, peace, and comfort provided to him is also said to be a reminder that Allah is always there to help and support us during difficult times and that He will remove our burdens if we turn to have faith in Him.
Here are the few lessons for us in this Surah,
- Difficulties and hardships are a natural part of human life, and Allah is with us during these times.
- Having faith and trust in Allah during difficulties, knowing He is the only one who can provide true relief and comfort.
- We can gain spiritual growth and development through difficulties and challenges.
- The importance of gratitude and thankfulness to Allah, even during times of hardship, as He is the one who ultimately controls our destiny.
- The outcome of all actions is in the hands of Allah, and he ultimately determines success and failure.
- Quran guides humanity and contains guidance for all aspects of life.
- The ultimate end of human life is the Day of judgment, and we should always be prepared for it.
- Seek refuge in Allah from the difficulties of this life and the punishment of the hereafter.
Virtues of Reciting Surah Alam Nashrah
- Remove Sorrows
The Holy Prophet (PBUH) said:
“One who recites Surah Alam Nashrah is similar to the one who has met Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and if in a state of grief, Allah will remove his sorrows.”
- Favor on the Day of Judgement
Imam Sadiq (May Allah bless him) said:
“He who repeatedly recites surah Al-Inshirah during day and night, all his body parts will testify in his favor on the Day of Judgment.”
- Will Die as a Martyr
Imam Baqir (May Allah bless him) narrated about the reciter of surah Alam Nashrah.
“He who recites Surah Alam Nasharh during day and night will die as a martyr and be revived as a martyr and resembles one who fights in the way of Allah with his sword along with the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).”
- Equivalent to meeting Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
The Holy Prophet (PBUH) says in a hadith,
“One who recites Surah Inshirah is similar to the one who has met prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and if in a state of grief, God would remove his sorrows.”
Benefits of Surah Alam Nashrah
Quran has uncountable benefits in each verse and sentence. In Surah Alam Nashrah, there are countless worldly and hereafter benefits.
- Relief from difficulties and hardships
- Bring Comfort and Ease to the heart.
- Recite Surah Inshirah and pray for an increase in wealth.
- A reciter will be relieved from heart and chest pain.
- The reciter will be granted indeed and health.
- Will have an easy child brain.
How to recite Surah Inshirah?
AlQuranClasses organized a Quran Memorization course to help you in your Quran Memorizing Journey. Our highly qualified (Ijazah certified) and experienced Male and Female Quran Tutors are here to help you in memorizing Quran.
We provide an environment that encourages improving your Quranic Excellence through online one-on-one sessions. We provide you with primary and advanced knowledge of the Quran, correct recitation, and proper Makhraj.