Signs Of Qiyamah:
Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash’ari (R.A.) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, “Following are the signs of Qiyamah.
- When it will be considered a shame to act on Quranic orders.
- When dishonest, people will be regarded as honest, and the truthful will be regarded as dishonest.
- It will be warm in winter.
- When days are stretched, i.e., a passage of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
- When lecturers and speakers lie openly.
- People will quarrel over minor problems.
- When women with children become dissatisfied because they bear offspring, barren women remain pleased because they have no accountability for children.
- When jealousy, greed, and oppression become the demand of the day.
- People will blatantly follow their whims and passions.
- When lies succeed over the truth.
- When violence, killing, and disorder become common.
- There will be a time when immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
- When law matters relating to Deen are given to the most horrible elements of the Ummat, and if people receive them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not scent the fragrance of paradise.
- When the children become a cause of sorrow and irritation (for their parents).
According to Hadeeth: Signs of Qiyamah:
The following was part of a lengthy Hadith by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas’ood (R.A.) when he asked the Prophet (PBUH) about the Signs of Qiyamah.
- Songs and musical instruments will be found in every home.
- People will spoil homosexuality.
- Illegitimate children will be abundant.
- There will be plenty of critics, tale carriers, back-biters, and taunters in culture.
- People will create ties with unfamiliar people and have severe relations with their near and dear ones.
- Pretenders will control the affairs of the community, and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
- The Mosques will be ornamented, but the people’s souls will be devoid of direction.
- The courtyards of Mosques will be constructed attractively, and tall mimbars (pulpits) will be created.
- Criminals and sinful people will succeed.
- Several wines will be consumed highly.
Auf bin Malik (R.A.) said once, I visited a prophet (PBUH) while he was in his skin tent during the Tabuk expedition. He said to me,
“Count six signs of Qyamah before the arrival of Qayamat:
1 My death
2 The conquest of Jerusalem
3 Mass deaths among you people, just as when sheep die in large numbers during an epidemic
4 Great quantity of wealth to such an amount that if a person were to be given a hundred Dinars, he would still not be pleased
5 General anarchism and killing that no Arab household will be spared from it
6 Then a life of peace as a result of a peace agreement between you and the Banil Asfaar
“(Romans) which they will break and attack you with force consisting of eighty flags, and under each flag will be an army of twelve thousand men.” (Hadith: Sahih Bukhari).