As Muslims, we all firmly believe in the day of qamayah. Just like us, companions of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) were also curious about the day of judgment. They asked about the significant signs of Qiyamah so that we can find much information in hadeeth about its signs of qayamah.
Upon the presence of Imam Mahdi, the significant indications of qayamah initiate. Once the episode of his bay’ah is known to everybody, the Muslim armed forces in Madinah will go to Makkah.
Hudhayfah ibn Usayd Ghifari, the companion of the Prophet, said,
“Allah’s Messenger came to us all of a sudden as we were (busy in a discussion). He asked: What are you discussing? (The Companions) replied: We are discussing (the subject of) the Last Hour. Thereupon he said: It will not come until you see ten signs.
And (in this connection) he made a mention of the ‘smoke,’ ‘Dajjal,’ the ‘beast,’ the ‘rising of the sun from the west,’ the ‘descent of Jesus son of Mary,’ ‘Gog and Magog,’ ‘sinking of the earth in three places, one in the east, one in the west and one in Arabia’ at the end of which ‘fire would burn forth from Yemen, and would drive people to the place of their assembly’ (i.e., the place where humankind will be assembled for judgment).”
Ten Major Signs of Qayamah.
The significant signs of Qayamah, also known as the Day of Judgement, are believed to signal the world’s end in Islamic eschatology. These signs are mentioned in the Islamic holy book, the Quran, and Hadith (the sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad). Some of the significant signs of Qiyamah include:
- The appearance of the Dajjal (the false messiah) will deceive many people with false miracles.
- The descent of Jesus Christ from heaven to defeat the Dajjal and establish peace.
- The emergence of the Mahdi (the guided one), who will lead the Muslims in a final battle against the forces of evil.
- The sun’s rising from the west signifies the end is near.
- The emergence of Gog and Magog, a powerful nation that will ravage the earth before being defeated by God.
- The arrival of the beast of the earth, a creature that will speak to people and tell them of their past and future deeds.
- The appearance of smoke in the sky will signal the start of the great tribulation.
- The blowing of the Trumpet will signal the start of the Day of Qiyamah.
- The Kaaba’s destruction and the world’s collapse as we know it.
- The son of Mary would descend.
The predetermination of Jerusalem is, for example, to provide Muslims the best certainty and trust that truth will triumph over deception and persecution. ‘Jerusalem in the Qur’an’ was composed for precisely this reason. i.e., to disclose to Muslims the peculiar world we live in today. It is a world in which the reason for Islam has all the earmarks of being an act of futility.
At the same time, having perused the book, the peruse would know. The truth is very distinctive whether or they had not known it. When they know for sure that it is the fate of Jerusalem to give an extraordinary approval of Islam’s case to truth, Muslims ought to have the capacity to summon the quality to oppose the present war on Islam in which the heathen world is attempting to decimate their confidence in Allah Most High.
It is important to note that these signs are not to be taken literally but as symbolic references to the end of the world.