No doubt Jummah Mubarak is the blessed day.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As Salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh (May Allah’s Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)
Hadith Narrated by Imam Muslim, Abu-Dawod, Al-Nesai, and Al-Tirmidhi
Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) had said About Jummah Mubarak,
“The best day during which the sun has risen is Friday. It is the Day Adam was created. Moreover it is the day when Adam entered paradise and also when he was taken out from it. It is also the day on which the Day of Judgment takes place.”
The above hadith summed up the importance of Friday in Islam. The sixth day of the Islamic week is Friday (Yaum-ul-Jummah) which has its own values and virtues in the sight of Allah SWT and it is demonstrated in Quran to us that the Master of all days is Friday(Jummah Mubarak).
There is absolutely no denying the importance of the day Jummah just as the Allah SWT “All-Knowing” “All-Wise” has ordered and chosen the month of Ramadan, the days of Hajj, or the Night of Qadr, etc. in significance above other days of the year; Allah SWT has chosen and decreed the significance of Friday (Jummah) above the other days of the week
MERITS OF FRIDAY THE HOLY DAY, Jummah Mubarak:
There are countless blessings of Friday one cannot sum up all of them in a single article. However few blessings are listed below which tells us what Friday brings to us.
- There is a blessed hour on Friday during which a person is granted anything lawful and good by Allah SWT that he prays for. The blessed hour on Friday is such that Dua’s are answered and accepted (Bukhari, Muslim) (from my research it’s an hour in ‘Asr to Maghrib)
- Every afternoon, the heat of hell is increased. However, through the blessings of Jumu’ah, this will not be done on Fridays. (Ihyaa ul-Uloom)
- The word “shahid” refers to Friday. There is no day more virtuous than Friday.
- “The Muslim who passes away on the night or during the day of Friday, Allah SWT saves him from the punishment of the grave.” (Tirmidhi)
- It is related from Imam Ahmad R.A that he said that “in certain aspects, the rank of the night of Jumu’ah is even higher than Laylatul Qadr. One of the reasons for this is that it was on this night that Rasulullah (Allah bless him & give him peace) appeared in the womb of his mother Rasulullah’s (Allah bless him & give him peace) appearance in this world was a cause of so much good and blessings both in this world and in the hereafter that they cannot be enumerated.” (Ash’atulLama’aat)
PREPARATIONS FOR JUMMAH TUL MUBARAK
We should make preparations for Jummah Mubarak from Thursday. Now, what are the preparations necessary for Jummah Mubarak?
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 62 Surah Jumua verses 9-10:
“O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly) hastens earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah and leave off business (and traffic): that is best for you if ye but knew!.”
Hadith narrated by Tariq ibn Shihab:
The Prophet (saws) said:
“Al-Jumu’ah (The Friday Mid-day prayer) is a duty upon every Muslim in the community, save four: a slave, a woman, a child, or a person who is ill.”
1. Taking a bath on Friday is obligatory for every adult. It suffices to perform Wudu'(ablution) properly for the Friday prayer. But it is better to take a bath. The bath of Friday, pull out every sin of the man from its root.
“O Muslims! Allah SWT has made this day (Friday) a day of ‘Eid’. So have a bath on this day, whoever has perfume should apply it, and use the miswaak (organic toothbrush).” (Ibn Majah)
According to a Hadith of Mishkaat Shareef
When a person takes bath on Friday, as the bath for ceremonial purity, and then goes (to the mosque), he is like one who offers a camel as a sacrifice to seek the Pleasure of Allah. And he who comes at the second hour is like one who offers a cow to win the Pleasure of Allah. He who comes at the third hour is like one who offers a ram with horns (in sacrifice). And he who comes at the fourth hour is like one who offers a hen, and he who comes at the fifth hour is like one who offers an egg. And when the Imam ascends the pulpit. The angels (who write the names of those who come to the mosque before the coming of the Imam) close (their record) in order to listen to the Khutbah(sermon)
2. Friday Prayer is really important. How would anyone want to miss the Friday Prayer knowing that the angel’s company is there among us Subhanallah. For those who neglect the Friday prayers for three weeks, Allah SWT seals their hearts and they will be among the heedless.
Jummah Mubarak Prayer is obligatory and this is supported by the Quran, the Sunnah, and the consensus of the Muslims. It occupies an important place among the distinctive features of Islam. A person who does not believe in the obligatory status of the Friday Prayer falls outside the pale of Islam.
2. Walk to the mosque get there early or earlier than your usual time. Sit as close to the Imam (the one who leads the prayer) as possible as he delivers the Sermon. Refrain from any wordy talk with any other person.
Ibn Mas’ud narrated that:
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) noticed some people staying away from al-Jumah (Friday midday sermon and prayer) and said:
“I had the notion to order someone to lead the people in prayer. And then to go and burn the houses of those who stayed away from al-Jummah!”
Related by Ahmad and Muslim
3. Recite Surah Al-Kahf
(18th Surah of Quran). Whoever reads Surah Al-Kahf on the Jummah tul Mubarak, A light will shine for him from beneath his feet to the clouds of the sky, which will shine for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will be forgiven (his sins) between the two Fridays.
There are many Hadith that enumerates the benefits of this Surah.
The Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) said,
“One who memorizes the first ten verses of Surah Kahf will be secure against the Dajjal (Anti-Christ)”.
Another version says:
“Some One who commits to his memory the last 10 verses of this surah will remain immune from the Dajjal” [Muslim]
Recite Durood e Pak on Friday:
4. Recite Durood Pak on Friday as much you can because it is presented to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) on that day.
One should understand Jummah tul Mubarak is a day of Eid this day provides us the opportunity to free ourselves from all the sins and this is a day where surely Allah the All-Merciful forgives our sins.
These are just a few characteristics, virtues, and blessings of the best day of the week. Allah SWT and the Prophet (Peace be upon him) have told us what a great day this is for all of mankind as Muslims we know the true meaning and importance of Friday. We may all say thank goodness it’s Friday, May Allah keeps us guided and on the straight path, and purify our intentions to make it solely for His sake, and give us the understanding in Islam. Ameen