Everybody realizes that the Quran is a fantastic way to keep bad things away and learn about anything you must know to continue with a favored life. However, the prophet Muhammed PBUH talked about “Ayatul Kursi,” which gives its reader significant advantages in this life.
Holy Prophet (SAW) said about Ayatul Kursi:
“Read Ayatul Kursi full, and it will protect you, your children, your home, and even those surrounding your house.”
It is reported from Hadhrat Asked Baqri that Nabi (SAW) came to the abode of the Muhajireen when one person asked,
“In the Qur’an Kareem, which is the loftiest Ayat?”
Nabi (saw) repeated,
The 255th verse of Surah Baqarah is known as Ayatul Kursi. It is one of those verses memorized by all Muslims worldwide in light of its virtues.
Ayatul Kursi Translation
ٱللَّهُ لَآ إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ٱلْحَىُّ ٱلْقَيُّومُ ۚ لَا تَأْخُذُهُۥ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ ۚ لَّهُۥ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ ۗ مَن ذَا ٱلَّذِى يَشْفَعُ عِندَهُۥٓ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِۦ ۚ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ ۖ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَىْءٍ مِّنْ عِلْمِهِۦٓ إِلَّا بِمَا شَآءَ ۚ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضَ ۖ وَلَا يَـُٔودُهُۥ حِفْظُهُمَا ۚ وَهُوَ ٱلْعَلِىُّ ٱلْعَظِيمُ
Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursī extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Highest, the Greatest.
Significance of Ayatul Kursi
It is significant and has numerous advantages, some of which include the following:
Protection against shaitan:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing the foodstuff. I caught him and said, “I will take you to Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ)!”. Then Abu Huraira described the whole narration and said:).
That person said (to me),
“(Please don’t take me to Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ), and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you. When you go to bed, recite Ayatul Kursi, for there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night. And Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn.).”
(When the Prophet (ﷺ) heard the story)
he said (to me).
“He (who came to you at night) told you the truth, although he is a liar, and it was Satan.
Easy childbirth With Recitation of Ayatul Kursi:
Hadhrat Fatima Zahra (R.A.) narrates,
When the time approached for her delivery, then Nabi (saw) ordered Hadhrat Umme Salama (R.A.) and Hadhrat Zainab (R.A.) to go to Fatima and recite Ayatul Kursi full. And “Inna Rabba Kumullaah” (the whole Ayat) and the last two Quls blow on her.
In a difficult phase of life
Hadhrat Abu Zar (R.A.) says that he asked Rasulullah (SAW)
Which was the most (Arabic) (lofty, respectable) Ayat revealed to you?
Nabi (SAW) replied, “Ayatul Kursi”.
Advantages of Reciting Ayatul kursi
Here are some of the many advantages of these verses :
- Ayatul Kursi is the loftiest Ayat of the Qur’an.
- It is the chief Ayat of the Qur’an.
- The reader of Ayatul Kursi is protected from the evil effects of the Jinnat. From morning until evening and from evening until morning.
- It is from the threshold of the Arsh of Allah (Throne of Allah).
- Whoever recites it after the Fard Salaat will be protected until the next Salaat, and only death is the barrier between the reader and Jannat inshallah.
- The thief does not come near its reciter.
- When recited with the last Ayat of Surah Baqarah, then the pleasure of the reader will not go unattended.
- Who reads it and “Inna Rabba bi kum Allaah..” and the last two Quls for a woman on delivery, then the delivery becomes easy for her Inshallah.
- When one reads it and blows on his possessions and goods, Shaitaan cannot come near the possessions.
- Whosoever reads Ayatul Kursi and the beginning of Surah Ghafir in the morning will be protected. Will be safe from the morning until the evening and vice versa.
So don’t miss out on the beautiful reward and blessings of reading this Ayatul Kursi and learning it. Also, teach your families, kids, friends, and all Muslims about the great virtues and benefits of the greatest Ayah of the Glorious Qur’an.