I was fortunate enough to get my religious education right from my home. Every day, we had to wake up early in the morning and recite the Quran before we prepared for school. My father used to teach us Quran recitation since he was a hafiz and a great Qaari. And then, every night on the bed, We had our “dua memorization time.” Our mother used to memorize all the little duas of day and night, and we had to revise them before going to sleep. My sister always had better dua memorization skills than me, and I always had to work hard for dua memorization.
Teach Kids about Islam And Dua Memorization
Sadly our kids are not fortunate enough. We do not have much time to teach Islam to our kids. Everyone is busy earning bread for their kids to provide them “Good Future,” while no one thinks that their spiritual grooming will also play a crucial part in a “Good Future.”
I understand that in this world of tough competition, everyone has to work hard for survival, and there is less time for spiritual grooming. But do not neglect their Islamic grooming if you can not teach them yourself. If you send them to school since you can not teach them science or history, arrange for someone to teach your kids Islam if you can not teach them by yourself. Just do not let them unattended in this matter. To lighten up your job, we can share your burden. We offer Dua memorization courses for kids and adults too. Along with our Dua memorization course, you can follow these tips too:
Tips For Dua Memorization
- You can set up a dua memorization time for your kids. It could be at any time of the day. For example, before going to bed, it would be a good habit if kids revise all the duas they already know.
- While driving to school, instead of playing something on the CD player or having a random chat, utilize this time. Tell your kids to recite duas aloud.
- Every time you make them revise the dua, in the end, give them a lesson on the new dua.
- Tell them to repeat the new lesson at least ten times.
- Do not move to the next lesson until you know your kid has memorized the previous one properly.
- Daily revision of previously memorized duas before going to the new lesson will help you or your child memorize these duas for much longer.
Revision is key to Remember:
It’s a scientific fact that the more you repeat anything, the more you have the event or memory in your mind, the stronger are connections of neurons, and consequently, you can remember that thing for a much longer time. So revision is the key to memorize ant things for a longer time. Moreover, teaching duas or surahs of the Quran to your child at an early option is the best option. Why? Because children have much more capacity to absorb and memorize as compared to an adult. The reason is simple, which one is easy to write upon? A paper that has been reused to write repeatedly by erasing previous text or the one which is clear white or is less text and has lots of space to adjust new text!
Do not waste time; this is your child’s right age to memorize duas. These small duas and recitation habits will be the foundation of the Islamic grooming of your child. Another important thing, it’s not just about memorization. You must develop the habit of reciting these duas at the proper time and teach your children too. Remind them to recite dua whenever they start eating something, wake up, go to the washroom, etc.
May ALLAH bless our children and make us the best mothers who get the reward of raising the best ummah. Ameen.