FAQs About Hajj Expenses:Let us know about some frequently asked questions about Hajj expenses and conditions.
Question No 1: Hajj Expenses:If a person is poor and they have not much money to perform Hajj, then is it still fard for them to go to Hajj?? Answer: Hajj is not Fard and obligatory for poor people who can not afford the Hajj expenses. Allah says:
“And Hajj to the House (Ka’bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, for those who are able to undertake the journey.(Aayah No. 97, Surah Aal Imran).”But the person who can afford the hajj expenses then he must perform Hajj. Hazrat Ali (AS) said that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said:
“Anyone who God has given enough to perform the Haj, and he also has a conveyance which can take him to the House of God. If he still fails to do so, then it does not matter whether he dies a Jew or Christian, and it is so because God has said: Pilgrimage to the House (of Allah) is a duty men owe to God – those who can afford the journey.”So, If a person is poor and can not afford Hajj expenses, then Allah will excuse him. But If he has enough money, then he should go for Hajj. Hajj is Fard for him.
Question No 2: Hajj Expenses And Conditions:What are the important conditions for Hajj? Answer: The important conditions of performing Hajj are:
- He should be a Muslim and truly loves ALLAH, His orders, and His Messengers.
- He should hold enough to perform Hajj because the child and an insane person can not have the ability to make a difference between evil and good.
- A woman must have a Mehram to perform Hajj
- One should be mentally and physically perfect.
- Someone free of debt.
- The person must not be a slave.
- Afford the Hajj expenses