Lets us know about some frequently asked questions about Hajj And Umrah.
Question No One About Hajj And Umrah:
Tell me the difference between Hajj and Umrah??
Many people do not know the main difference between “Hajj” and “Umrah.” Some People think that Hajj and Umrah are the same, but both are not the same. Hajj has its own importance, and Umrah has its own.
- It is mandatory and obligatory for all Muslims.
2. It is a significant pilgrimage
3. Every Muslim must perform Hajj at least once in a lifetime
4. Hajj has three types:Hajj Al-Tamatt’u, Hajj Al-Ifrad, Hajj Al- Qiran.Hajj Al-Tamatt’u: performs Hajj and Umrah separately Hajj Al-Ifrad: performs Hajj only Hajj Al- Qiran: performs Hajj and Umrah together.
5. It is the fifth pillar of Islam
- It is not mandatory and obligatory for all Muslims.
- it is a minor pilgrimage
- And it is not mandatory to perform Umrah at least once in a lifetime.
- Umrah has two types:Umrat al mutradah and Umrat-al tammatu.
- And Umrat al mutradah means to perform Umrah without Hajj except during the month of Hajj, i.e., Shawaal, Dhul qada, and the first ten days of Dhul hijjah.
- Umrat-al tammatu means to perform Umrah and Hajj together.
- It is not a pillar of Islam.
A person who enters the state of ihram at the beginning of the Hijri months, i.e., Shawwal, Dhul Qadah, the last ten days of Dhul hijjah, can complete the requirements of Hajj until the evening of the tenth day of the Dhul hijjah month. So, If a person enters the state of ihram before the Hijri month, then this is “Makrooh.”
On another side, A person who enters the state of ihram before the Hijri month is acceptable for Umrah. In Quranic Verses:
“For Hajj, are the months well-known.” (al-Baqarah, 2:197)
Question No 2 About Hajj And Umrah:
What are the different types of Hajj?
There are three different types of Hajj:
- Hajj Al-Tamatt’u
- Second is Hajj Al-Ifrad
- The third is Hajj Al-Qiran.
- It is performed by a person who performs Hajj and Umrah separately with two neeyah.
- This type of person is known as “Mutamatti.”
- Someone who enters into ihram for Umrah performs Umrah and takes off the ihram. A person again enters into ihram for Hajj and performs Hajj.
- It is performed by a person who performs Hajj only.
- This type of person is known as “Mufrid”
- A person enters into ihram for Hajj neeyah.
- A person who performs Hajj and Umrah together
- This type of person is known as “Qaarin.”
- One who enters into ihram to perform both
In the above three forms of Hajj, all are acceptable. So, A person can choose any one of them, but the best of three of them is Hajj Al-Tamatt’u. The Holy Prophet (PBUH) also recommends His companion to perform Hajj Al-Tamatt’u because, in this type, both Hajj and Umrah are separately performed with two neeyah.
Is it possible to give money to the poor instead of going to the Hajj?
Allah says in Quran:
“And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka’bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allaah, those who can afford the expenses (for one’s conveyance, provision, and residence); whoever disbelieves [i.e., denies Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah), then he is a disbeliever of Allaah], then Allaah stands not in need of any of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exist).” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:97].
If a person has money to perform Hajj, then he should perform Hajj immediately instead of being late. So, You can give money to the poor if you think that you have enough money to perform Hajj, then you should go for Hajj immediately after giving money to the poor.
It is absolutely wrong to give money to the poor instead of going to Hajj. Hajj is fard for all Muslims. So every Muslim should perform Hajj.
Can I perform Hajj every year?
Abu Hurayrah said that The Holy Prophet (PBUH) addressed us and said:
“O people, Allaah has enjoined Hajj on you, so perform Hajj.”
A man said: “Is it every year, O Messenger of Allaah?” He remained silent until (the man) said it three times. Then the Holy Prophet(PBUH) said:
“If I said yes, it would be obligatory, and you would not be able to do it.” Then he said:
“Be content what I leave with you, for those who came before you were destroyed because they asked too many questions and argued with their Prophets. If I tell you to do something, then do as much of it as you can, and if I tell you not to do something, then abstain from it.”
It depends on you that you can perform Hajj every year or not. If you think that you can perform Hajj more than once, then you can perform it. Mandatory is only one to perform Hajj once in a lifetime, not every year.
Does Hajj become compulsory after performing “Umrah”?
Hajj is the fifth pillar of Islam which means it is obligatory for all Muslims who are mentally and physically perfect and financially strong to perform Hajj.
If a person performs Umrah, then it does not mean that Hajj has also been performed. Both deeds have their own importance and rewards. You must perform Hajj whether you perform Umrah three times, five times, or six times. If a person does not have money for Hajj, then he should also not try to for Umrah because when a person goes for Umrah, Hajj is compulsory for him to perform.
So, Hajj and Umrah are both different, and Muslims should know their differences.